Friday, January 1, 2010

Day one

I've told myself for a while that I was going to attempt to start a journal. I'm a procrastinator by nature so until now I haven't even made an attempt. I don't think I could actually keep a journal because I would inevitably misplace it. So the next best thing is to start a blog. You can't misplace the internet right? I guess I could forget my password, so just in case it is "cornucopia" all lower case.

Now let me preface this blog with the following:

  1. I know I'm not a English major, or a spelling bee champion. The "Word Smith" has been know to visit some other family members blogs. Word Smith, you are uninvited from reading this blog.
  2. I don't know what type of blogs I'm going to be doing. I'm a frequenter of several blogs. Some are merely; as was my original intent; journals. Others are blogs that are built on elaborate made up stories mixed with a few I am thankful for posts. One is a blog where a husband and wife put up their disagreements for others to decide who is right and who is wrong. Others seeks answers or responses to hypothetical or rhetorical questions you would find on a Jerry Seinfeld episode, ie. "why does moisture ruin leather? Aren't cows outside a lot of the time? when it's raining do cows go up to the farmhouse, "Let us in! We're all wearing leather!Open the Door! We're going to ruin the whole outfit!" I enjoy each one of these formats for various reasons. Some are interesting, some funny. Others just let me know what people are up to. I hope to throw a culmination of all of these formats into my blog. That being said, if you don't think one of my blogs was funny, that day was supposed to be informative. If you don't find my blog informative, that day was supposed to just let you know what I'm up to. I don't need any Boos or tomatoes thrown at me.
  3. I have a strange; and sometimes vulgar; sense of humor. I find things amusing at times others may not feel appropriate. ie.. at a funeral where the eulogy is talking about t-bags being used to treat sun burns. Another example is a couple of weeks ago we were shopping for Christmas presents. We were in the row with the Nerf Swords. I was very amused to, whenever the little boy in the same rows mother would turn her back, threaten the little boy wit the sword. He would begin pointing and complaining to his mom at which point I would stop just before she would turn to look. Some might think that is mean. I think that's hilarious. so buyer beware. (purchasing my blog may or may not be necessary)
  4. My wife may want to blog every once in a while. I will let her but only on the grounds that she starts the blog with "Cyndi here..." or "hey this is Cyndi..." or "this blog is not being written by Jed but is in fact being written by Cyndi..." So be forewarned that if the blog is prefaced with one of these lines or anything similar, that you are either getting one of the blogs that just lets you know what we are up to or one of the blogs that is a made up story that is in no way true (especially if it has something to do with me). If she abuses her blogging privileges or is voted by the readers to no longer be able to blog. I will change my password. (and then re-post it so i don't forget it) She will then have to start her own blog.
  5. I use the term "gay" frequently. I refer to a lot of things I don't like or people that are acting silly as being "gay". If you are offended by this I recommend that you do not read any more of my blog entries.
  6. Lastly, my blog is selfishly intended as a place that when I'm old I can go to and read just before the grand kids come over and have a new story to tell instead of repeating the same story every time. That being said, not all of my posts are going to make sense to everyone that is reading them. If you are fortunate enough to be present when some of the hilarity or chaos that I blog about ensues, you too will have a place to reflect. If you don't understand or are completely lost I apologize in advance.
That's about it. Happy New Year and Happy New Blog to me.

1 comment: